Study revealed skin diseases accounts about (20-30)% of child illness. The skin of the children differs from that of the adult or at the developing stage & premature.
- Layers are thin,
- bonding between cells are loose,
- sebaceous & sweat glands are premature
- less oil & sebum secretion,
- sensations are not well developed
- immune or defense power is less.
That’s why child’s are prone to inflammatory, infectious or allergic skin diseases. Specially in hot & humid weather there is outbreak of measles, chiken pox, impetigo. These diseases are very infectious & contagious too.
Infectious skin disease of children may classify as follows.
Viral: chiken pox or vaicella, measles,rubella or german measles, herpes simplex & zoster,warts, codylometa, mumps etc are from infection of virus.
Bacterial: Impetigo or summer boils, foliculitis, erysepleas, furuncle, carbunkcle, leprosy,anthrax are of bacterial origin.
Parasitic: these diseases are parasitic origin such as scabies, pediculosis, miasis, trombiculities, lectulariasis etc.
Fungul: funguses are responsible for this group of diseases. These are candidiasis,erythrasma,Tinea versicolor, tinea capitis, tinia pedis etc.
As the skin of the children is very sensitive & needs urgent attention for treatment. Easily treated after finding the cause & proper diagnosis.
- keep children away from infected person;
- Always keep your children’s garments clean & hygienic;
- Children should be rested in comparatively cool place;
- if sweats,clean & dry as early as possible;
- Most of the viral diseases can be prevented by vaccination.
Remember if infectious skin diseases of children are not treated timely & properly,it could be serious.Even complication arises from diseases may fatal.